< Back To Careers
Software Engineer – Junior Position
Seeking highly motivated entry and mid level individuals who will perform as part of a dynamic Software Team developing the next generation of commercial and military wireless networking. The successful candidate will implement and test an advanced communication system built upon innovative spectrum sharing methodologies capable of transparently underlying a wide variety of wireless technologies. Participate in the entire software product life cycle including architecture of the real-time embedded system.
- Responsible for the development and debugging of a innovative radio communications and spectrum access systems
- Understand customer and/or project needs and use that knowledge to implement and test software system
- Interact with internal and external engineering teams to define, implement, and debug software interfaces with other system elements
- Required: Experience with wireless networking and radio communications systems a plus
- Required: Proficiency in C/C++ in a Linux environment
- 1 – 2+ years experience
- Related experience with embedded system architecture, design and development
- Familiarity with Configuration Management, Wiki, Bug Tracking, and other software development lifecycle tools
- Experience in design and development of Software Defined Radios
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and Other Qualifications
- Required: US citizenship
- BSCS or EE, MS preferred
- DoD SECRET clearance
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- Medical insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Free parking
- Easily accessible to DC and VA (walking distance to Spring Hill Metro station)
The ideal candidate would live in the Northern Virginia/Greater Washington DC area.
Email resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shared Spectrum Company (SSC) is a pioneer in the development of innovative wireless advanced technologies that are revolutionizing the military and commercial use of spectrum. SSC has a unique technology culture focused on technical excellence, innovation and execution. This is a unique opportunity to gain invaluable experience in one of the most important technological advancements in wireless communications technologies today. SSC is located at 1593 Spring Hill Road, Suite 700, Vienna, Virginia 22182.
SSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.