< Back To Careers
Software Engineer/Architect – Senior Position
Seeking highly motivated mid and senior level individuals who will perform as a member of the Software Team developing the next generation of both commercial and military wireless networking: an advanced communication system built upon innovative spectrum sharing methodologies capable of transparently underlying a wide variety of wireless technologies. Participate in the entire software product life cycle including architecture of the real time embedded system. Provide technical oversight of more junior team members, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Responsible for the architecture, design, development and debugging of an innovative radio communications and spectrum access systems
- Understand customer and/or project needs and use that knowledge to come up with and implement system and software design
- Interact with internal and external engineering teams on a regular basis to design and create interfaces with other system elements
- Required: Proficiency in C/C++ in both a Windows and Linux environment
- Required: Experience with wireless networking and radio communications systems
- 5 – 10+ years of related experience as a Senior Software Engineer in embedded system architecture, design and development
- Experience leading projects and development teams
- Experience in design and development of Software Defined Radios
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and Other Qualifications
- Required: US citizenship
- BSCS or EE, MS preferred
- DoD SECRET clearance
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- Medical insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Free parking
- Easily accessible to DC and VA (walking distance to Spring Hill Metro station)
The ideal candidate would live in the Northern Virginia/Greater Washington DC area.
Email resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Shared Spectrum Company (SSC) is a pioneer in the development of innovative wireless advanced technologies that are revolutionizing the military and commercial use of spectrum. SSC has a unique technology culture focused on technical excellence, innovation and execution. This is a unique opportunity to gain invaluable experience in one of the most important technological advancements in wireless communications technologies today. SSC is located at 1593 Spring Hill Road, Suite 700, Vienna, Virginia 22182.
SSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.