< Back To Careers
Perform as a senior principal engineer to provide technical leadership in a wide range of activities developing the next generation of both commercial and military wireless networking built upon innovative spectrum sharing methodologies. Position is a combination of project execution, new concept formulation/development/IR&D and business development. Involvement in both commercial and military applications.
- Provide systems engineering expertise related to the implementation of Dynamic Spectrum Access (DSA) technology in wireless communications systems
- Develop CONOPS, requirements, analysis, system architecture designs, algorithms, proof-of-concept simulations, benefit assessment and trade-off analysis, and systems engineering documentation
- Perform business development activities including customer meetings, and write proposals for various agencies such as DARPA, ONR, AFRL, Army, Air Force and commercial companies
- Develop new concepts and execute IR&D projects
- Strong physical layer and networking expertise. Experience with wireless waveforms, including JTRS waveforms, WLAN, WiMAX, and 2.5/3/4G (LTE) networks.
- Strong software experience with C/C++, MATLAB, requirements generation, software architecture, testing documentation. Real-time algorithm design and implementation using DSP, GPP and FPGA processors.
- Experience in writing winning, high quality R&D proposals
- Able to conceive, plan and conduct research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate teams of experts in the accomplishment of complex tasks
- Experience within the DoD acquisition community and the scientific community. DARPA and/or ONR experience preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in wireless systems engineering in all phases of system life cycle development
- Experience with weak signal detection and classification algorithms
- Proficient with MS Office with emphasis on MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must enjoy working in a high energy environment and be able to manage multiple tasking and requirements with time critical deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and Other Qualifications
- MSEE required, PhD preferred
- US citizenship required
- DoD SECRET clearance preferred