< Back To Careers
Principal Engineer position is a combination of innovation, project execution, and business development. An attractive candidate will have extensive practical experience gained from working as an engineer and will typically answer directly to the senior management of the company. The Principal Engineer will provide technical leadership in a wide range of activities developing the next generation of commercial and military wireless networking built upon innovative spectrum sharing methodologies. They will work in offices or labs, and some of their duties may require a reasonable amount of travel to work sites.
- Innovation – Be a leader who thinks strategically with long-range goals in mind. Develop creative solutions to complex technical problems. Develop extensions to existing spectrum sharing solutions. Provide systems engineering expertise related to the development and implementation of new wireless communication system technology. Conduct engineering studies and investigations. Provide engineering guidance to other departments, and help to train new engineers. Keep abreast of industry trends and issues.
- Management – Manage all phases of technical projects. Responsible for providing guidance and oversight to multiple teams working on numerous products or developing various forms of technologies. Draft and execute contracts, track project progress and keep costs under control. Develop CONOPS, requirements, analysis, system architecture designs, algorithms, proof-of-concept simulations, benefit assessment and trade-off analysis, and systems engineering documentation. Oversee project conception, design and initial product specifications. Coordinate teams of experts in the accomplishment of complex tasks. Motivate staff and foster collaboration. Set goals and implement steps to meet them.
- Business Development – Conduct strategic planning, identify business opportunities, lead technical proposals to win new business with various agencies such as DARPA, ONR, AFRL, Army, Air Force and commercial companies. Demonstrate exceptional leadership and communication skills. Recognized as an engineering authority. Share expertise and insight with other engineers.
- 8+ years of experience in wireless systems engineering in all phases of system life cycle development. Strong wireless system (physical, multiple access, and networking) expertise. Experience with wireless waveforms, networks, propagation, antennas, etc. Real-time distributed algorithm design and implementation.
- Modeling and Simulation and/or Software Development using C/C++, MATLAB, and/or Python for application on DSP, GPP and/or FPGA processors.
- Requirements generation, system and software architecture development, testing definition and documentation
- Signal processing including demodulation, weak signal detection, and classification algorithms
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning software and application to wireless systems
- Experience leading small development teams
- Experience winning technical proposals
Education and Other Qualifications
- MSEE required, PhD preferred
- US citizenship required
- DoD SECRET clearance preferred
Email resume and letter of interest to email@example.com